Venture Capital / Private Equity Investors & Fund Managers
There are many places you can get lists of — or information about — venture capital and private equity investors and fund managers.
For General Research & Information
- Preqin (Doesn't include individual investors)
- In the top navigation menu, go to Search For and select either Investors or Fund Managers.
- Use the filters at the top of the page to add search criteria.
- In the left menu select Investors.
- Use the tabs to add search criteria. In the upper right select Search.
- CB Insights
- In the left menu, go to Advanced Search > Investor-Acquirer.
- Use the filters on the left to refine by various criteria. In the top left select See Results.
- Tracxn (Stanford GSB only)
- In the left menu, go to Explore Databases > Investors.
- Use the filters at the top of the page to refine by various criteria. Results update automatically.
For Large Datasets
The above resources limit downloads, so these are the best options when you need a lot of data. If you're a Stanford GSB researcher, contact us so we can talk more about your research and available sources.
- Preqin (in WRDS - Doesn't include individual investors)
- After you log in to WRDS, scroll down and under Subscriptions select Preqin.
- See more information about using the Web Query Form.
- Eikon (Eikon and SDC are both products by Refinitiv and so the underlying data will be similar, but the options to filter and export will vary.)
- SDC Platinum