ESG (Environmental, Social and Governance) Sources
These sources will primarily give you companies' ESG scores and/or ratings.
For Individual Companies
- On a company's profile page, in the left navigation go to ESG.
- Covers around 2,000 companies.
- On a company's profile page, in the top navigation go to ESG.
- In the command line enter Ticker Equity FA ESG <GO> (example: IBM <Equity> FA ESG <GO>). The overall ESG Disclosure score is listed at the top of the Financial Analysis page.
- Select the sub-tabs to see additional ESG metrics.
- To compare ESG metrics with related companies, enter RV ESG<GO> to access the Relative Valuation function.
For a Large Dataset
Note that many ESG datasets do not have large backfiles and/or have increased the number of variables they cover only in the last few years. Let us know if you want more personalized recommendations.
- Corporate governance data can be found in the ESG (aka Asset4) database. To access, in Datatypes navigator, enter ESG-Asset 4 and select data items of interest. Data is available as a static and time series request. View the Datastream guide for help.
- Refinitiv's ESG Score is available yearly from 2016.
- MSCI (formerly KLD and GMI) (in WRDS)
- Environmental and Social Ratings
- For Governance Ratings
- To access information on ESG data and functionality, enter BESG <GO>.
- Bloomberg includes current MSCI ESG Scores (no historical data). It also includes the Sustainalytics ESG Rank monthly starting in 2014.