Connect to Stanford's VPN
You rarely need to connect to the VPN to access library resources. Generally, using the links on the library's website (such as the databases page) will authenticate you as needed and provide you access regardless of your location.
However, if you do need to use the VPN, here's how:
- If you don’t already have the Stanford VPN application downloaded, do so now.
- Open the Cisco AnyConnect Mobility Client application.
- Connect to su-vpn.stanford.edu (you might need to enter it or select it from a drop-down menu).
- In the Group drop-down menu, select Full Traffic non-split-tunnel.
- Enter your SUNet ID and password. Press OK. Use one of the options to multi-factor authenticate.
Contact us for more assistance
Related Library Tips
Most resources listed are only available to current Stanford students, faculty, and staff with an active SUNet ID