Venture Capital / Private Equity & Startup Diversity Data Sources
If you're looking for diversity data specific to VC/PE firms, funders, and startups, here are some options:
- PitchBook – see PitchBook access help
- You can do a People search and filter by gender (covers startup founders, current executives, investors, managing partners, etc.).
- You can also search for Investors with a preference of invests in minority and women-owned business enterprises.
- PitchBook has very limited downloads and we do not have bulk access to this PitchBook data.
- PrivCo – see PrivCo access help - U.S. coverage, private companies with over $1M in annual revenue, with variables for whether a company is Minority-, Asian-, Black-, Lantix-, Middle Eastern/North African-, Native Hawaiian/Pacific Islander-, Women-, Veteran-, or LGBTQ-led. For a larger download, Ask Us for assistance.
- Crunchbase – see more about Crunchbase
- Crunchbase provides a variety of diversity variables for startup founders and leaders (e.g. women led, Black/African American founded, LGBTQ+ led).
Related Library Tips
Most resources are only available to current Stanford students, faculty, and staff.
Researchers are responsible for using these resources appropriately. See the eResources Usage policy.
Ask Us for accessibility support with library resources.