Bloomberg Terminal Access & Help Tips
Logging Into Bloomberg Terminals Remotely
- Go bba.bloomberg.net
- Log in with the Bloomberg Terminal username and password you created.
- Verify your identity with a code sent to your email or mobile device.
- Select whether to launch just Bloomberg or Bloomberg with Excel. Use the arrow button next to Launch to either:
- Launch within the browser(if you don't want to worry about installing software)
- Launch with Citrix Receiver
- If you do not already have Citrix Workspace installed, you should be prompted to download it. If not, you can download Citrix Workspace for Windows and Mac.
- After you click Launch (or Launch with Citrix Receiver) an .ica file will download which will prompt Bloomberg to open via the Citrix Workspace.
- If you have technical problems, see below for troubleshooting help.
How to Save Downloaded Data on your Computer
- Uncheck the "Real Time Updates" option in the ribbon menu bar in Excel.
- Save as a CSV file. Otherwise you may not be able to access any of the data that came from Bloomberg when you open the file again.
How to save:
You can save to your own device whether you access Bloomberg via Citrix or your browser. If using the browser, when saving look for the "Save to your device" folder. Otherwise:
- File > Save As > Browse > Local Disk (C). Or, if you are on a computer with multiple users/accounts, go to File > Save As > Computer > Local Disk (C) > Users > your user name.
- Either locate an existing folder or create a new one to save the file. You should be able to main search on your device using your main search to locate the file.
If you get a Please enter valid Terminal Username of Corporate Email error, it has likely been more than 90 days since you logged into the Terminal. To regain access, call the 24hr support line at 415-912-2960.
If you get a Login Failed Error 60.1 error, contact us. We will need to contact our Bloomberg account manager for them to reassign your account so it works again.
For other technical issues, contact Bloomberg directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact us for more assistance
Related Library Tips
Most resources listed are only available to current Stanford students, faculty, and staff with an active SUNet ID