Citation Management Tools
Citation managers (also known as bibliography or reference managers) are software tools that can help you save, organize, and annotate published research. They can also help you automatically format citations for publication in thousands of citation styles.
Stanford Libraries support the following bibliography management tools:
- Endnote and EndNoteWeb
Exporting Content from Databases to Citation Managers
Most of the above citation managers provide free browser plugins for you to easily add content to your citation manager. Additionally, most journal article databases also allow you to export records for content you have found.
Export articles in Business Source Complete
- On the search results page, select articles by clicking on the folder to the right of the title.
- When done selecting articles, click on Folder View > Export.
- Choose which format you would like to save citations. Most citation managers accept RIS (.ris) and BibTeX (.bib) file formats.
Export articles in ABI/INFORM Global
- On the search results page, select articles by clicking on the checkbox to the left of title.
- When done selecting articles, click on folder at the top of the page.
- On far right of page click on the last icon All save options > RIS.