Thomson ONE Access
You must use the Internet Explorer browser and then use the Thomson ONE link on the library's website.
If you don't have access to Internet Explorer:
- GSB users can use the GSB Virtual Desktop Infrastructure.
- Other Stanford users can reserve time to access Internet Explorer, and by extension, Thomson ONE.
Note: 20 simultaneous users.
Thomson ONE is very picky about browsers and settings. These three steps will solve most problems.
Step 1: Use Internet Explorer (IE)
If the database won't load or you only see a grey/blue screen, you are likely not using Internet Explorer. The Microsoft Edge browser will NOT work.
Step 2: If Using Internet Explorer 11, Update Compatibility Settings
(To see what version of IE you have, in the top right of the browser, click on the settings icon > About Internet Explorer.)
- In the top right of the IE browser, go to the settings icon > Internet options. See picture.
- Go to the Security tab > Trusted sites and click on the Sites button.
- Enter https:/www.thomsonone.com and click Add and then Close.
- Uncheck the Enable Protected Mode box and press OK.
- Close and restart the IE browser.
- To ensure this worked, go to the IE settings icon > Compatibility View Settings.
- If thomsonone.com is not added, press Add and then Close.
Step 3: Enable Pop-Ups
Depending on your version of IE, do one of the following:
- In the top left of the IE browser, go to Tools.
- Go to Pop-up Blocker > Turn Off Pop-up Blocker.
- In the top right of the IE browser, go to the settings icon Internet options.
- Go to the Privacy tab and uncheck the Turn on Pop-Up Blocker box. Press Ok.